Strengthen our bones with 5 healthy foods
Do we care about our bones? If so, what type of foods or supplements that we used to strengthening the bone?
When we talk about strong structure of bones, the two important elements will be included that is calcium (support the bones and teeth structure) and vitamin D (help to improve absorption of calcium and growth of bones). It means these two elements need to be included in our daily healthy meal. The key points are placed on the healthy sources of foods in order to prevent fracture and improve bones strength. Lets we go through into these 5 healthy foods for healthy bones.
1. Yogurt - it’s fortified with very good sources of calcium, phosphorus, riboflavin-vitamin B2, iodine, vitamin B12, panthotenic acid-vitamin B5, zinc, potassium, protein and molybdenum. Instead of strength the bones, its increase our immune systems, reduce LDL and increase HDL cholesterol level.
2. Milk - it’s believed that either whole milk or low-fat dairy products is fortified with vitamin D. If we’re suffering the kidney problems which have difficulty keeping some vitamins such as potassium and calcium, then we need to get a piece of advice from doctors.
3. Sardines - it has an incredible source of vitamin D and plays an important role in calcium absorption. Additionally, sardines are also a very excellent foundation of phosphorus that is vital to strengthening the bone matrix and also rich in homocysteine, which is promoting the bone health and preventing osteoporosis.
4. Salmon - it’s high in protein, low in calories, and the omega-3 essential fatty acid. More importantly, it’s rich in vitamin D to boost our bone strength. Additionally, salmon also will be a good protection against stroke, prevent the hypertension, control and improves mood and reduces depression.
5. Spinach - it’s highly fortified with vital vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin A, calcium, manganese, folate, magnesium, omega 3 fatty acid, vitamin B2, vitamin C, etc. Definitely it’ll help to preventing against osteoporosis, arthritis, heart disease, colon cancer, and other diseases.
In conclusion, the natural and healthy foods are vital to be included in our daily diet, so we are giving bountiful protection against any kinds of diseases. We make a decision what we eat and we are what we eat.
References: Whfoods.com and Health.com